Thursday, January 15, 2015

The Enlightenment of the Enlightened....




         It's time...   It's time...  Yes it is that time once again.  Hello friends, readers, and guest to my monthly blog update.  The world of Pokemon is still alive and kicking. 

         Not going to lie.  Getting back to work has really took me away from my groups in facebook, but I now have full access to the web while my travels take me back and forth.  So that leaves me more time to my thoughts and to stuff that I am working on.  Fortunately for me, my commute back and forth to work leaves me with a lot of time to myself, so I try to spend it either writing or playing Pokemon of course.  It always make me chuckle when I see a person or kid with a Nintendo DS.  I wonder what they are playing.  A few times I have run into people playing Pokemon for one of them had access to the Eon ticket because that's where I got mine from and yes I feel very lucky.  A lot of a North American fans have been clamoring for it.  It allows you in ORAS to access the island where you can catch the equivalent of whatever Latias/Latios that you don't have  :)




                                                              - Over the 600th Mark  -

        We've done it.  Pokemon: The Omega Experience has almost garnered 700 members making the group super active.  Instagram is almost at the 200th follower mark with both climbing everyday - not bad folks, not bad at all.   To see my group start from just a handful of us to nearing the 1000th mark is CRAZY AWESOME!  I can't tell you how excited and proud I am of everyone and their hard work and dedication they put into the group.  It's an indescribable feeling. I feel like Ash does I guess after a successful gym battle!






         I have some wonderful news for those of you that don't already know.  Gamefreak has recently made available the Hidden Abilities to the starters of 2nd Gen and 5th Gen!  Yes that is correct and you are not seeing a typo!!!  Totodile, Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Snivy, Oshawott, and Tepig are finally getting what's rightfully theirs.  Finally players offline and online will have access to the starter Pokemon of the Johto and Unova regions.  It appears that for once, Gamefreak might be listening to their fans with a little more attention.  First Gamefreak surprised everyone with the ORAS remakes bringing the battle frontier and with it the Move Tutors which have been sorely missed since the days of Sapphire, Ruby, and Emerald and now finally a missing piece of the puzzle with the addition of the missing Hidden Abilities.  Players have previously been able to get these HA's through genning and other various methods, but were never allowed to take full advantage until now.  Previous HA's for Snivy and Totodile were realeased recently followed up by Oshawott and Tepig last week.


                                   The Starters Missing in Action HA's have been released

Unova Starters - Snivy, Tepig, and Oshawott

Johto Starters - Totodile, Chikorita, and Cyndaquill



        Recently the Enlightened league which is a group on Facebook that I help maintain is getting a fresh facelift with the edition of new Gym Leaders and some new ideas - a storm is on the rise for the folks in the Enlightened League.  If you think you have what it takes to beat the league or have interests in perhaps becoming part of management.  Some things are in store for this group - some of which are going to definitely separate them from other leagues.

The Enlightened League - https://www.facebook.com/groups/606195456155343/

       In my head I have been kicking around some ideas on what direction I want to take my blog.  I have decided since I reguarlay give in depth coverage to Pokemon X and Y and Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire that I would go back and give in depth coverage to those past Pokemon games in the series.  Since I have received both Heatgold and Pearl as parts of my Christmas presents and that my BF (Bless his heart)bought me a copy of Emerald from Ebay which is on its way, that I would pick a game, acquire it, and cover it for my blog.  First one I have picked is Pokemon Heartgold.



Heartgold/Soulsilver is the enhanced remakes of the Pokemon Gold, Silver and Crystal games that come out in 1999 for the gameboy color.  The trio of games details the world of a male and now female trainer Ethan and Kris in the region next door to Kanto which is Johto.  Johto and Kanto share several themes including the same Pokemon League and some familiar Pokemon.  Later in the game the player has the ability to travel to Kanto(a few years) after the events of Pokemon Red and Blue after the fall of the original Team Rocket and face Trainer Red(Ash's anime namesake) on Mt Mortar.
Several key components to the games were also redesigned such as sprites for the pokemon animated and nonmoving, puzzles, some Pokemon were recolored and redrawn, key events in the game as well as graphics within the game itself.





For my game I chose a boy trainer and named it Jrock and my rival Zark(one of my besties within the group itself and Vice President to Omegas) and Chikorita as my starter and named it Roadblock.

 
   I thoroughly have enjoyed playing this game so far.  I just beat the last of the Gym Leaders and I have made it through Victory Road  and getting ready to take on the League.  I had only played it from Rom on an emulators on my computer, so the overall experience was a good one.  I found myself really enjoying the simpler mechanics within the game, but missing some of the other ones like the Amie and Ev Training from the newer games.  The graphics are just Meh compared to Kalos and ORAS games, but better compared to the original Pokemon Gold and Silver games.  One nice aspect is going back and catching such Legendary Pokemon as Ho-oh and Lugia.


  
        The puzzle aspect of the games has changed very little since the last time I played the games.  The ice Path was exactly the same while Team Rocket's hideout was very annoying because I had taken a wrong turn.  If by some small chance you the reader have never played this game.  Stop what you are doing, go out, and buy a copy of either Heartgold or Soulsilver.  I can tell you this. Wherever you look you are probably going to pay over 40 bucks still for a copy of either game or maybe you can find one cheaper from Ebay or Amazon online.

     There you have it folks part 1 of my Heartgold breakdown.  Next months blog will feature Part 2 and more photos and info and of course any news that I currently have on the World of Pokemon.

Until next time my peeps   - Be safe and Be well. 

 Remember you can find us at

 Twitter
.twitter@pokemonTOE

Instagram
.instagram@torchictrainer

Of course you can find us on facebook -

Pokemon: The Omega Experience  - https://www.facebook.com/groups/pokemonomegaexperience/

Here are the groups that we are currently promoting 

.Pokemon X and Y: Journey to be the Very Best (Pokemon Community/League) - https://www.facebook.com/groups/603505989740062/


 
Pokemon X and Y: Journey to be the Very Best




.Enlightened  League (Pokemon Community/League) - https://www.facebook.com/groups/606195456155343/




The Enlightened League



.Team Magma (Pokemon Community with an R rating) - https://www.facebook.com/groups/458690654276469/


Team Magma



.Champion Stadium (Pokemon Community and League) - https://www.facebook.com/groups/707681739324973/

Champion Stadium
Pokemon: New Beginnings (Pokemon Community) - https://www.facebook.com/groups/858021284232458/

Pokemon: New Beginnings



.Pokedex (Pokemon Community)  - https://www.facebook.com/groups/566395630121170/

Pokedex
Delta Stream League (Pokemon Community/League) (NEW) - https://www.facebook.com/groups/378470932302914/



Until next time everyone Be safe, be well my friends....

If you want your group promoted here or want any info on joining these groups - Just send me an email jerrythemovieking@yahoo.com or leave a comment.



No comments:

Post a Comment