Friday, December 5, 2014

ORAS is here - Where are you?

     

        Hello fans and fellow Pokemon addicts.  It is December 5th at 7:50 PM EST.  I'm bringing this update a little late on Friday.  I decided to update my blog today.  It has officially been 14 days since ORAS or for my readers that have no clue what ORAS is - the Acronym for Omega Ruby Alpha Sapphire the newly released Pokemon  games from the Gamefreak company.  ORAS for most of us have been released  since the 21st of November with the exception of our European cousins which happened a week or so after the North American release.  Before reading too far ahead I just wanted to let you know that this update does contain Spoiler alerts about the course and completion of the game.  As you may have noticed I have changed the banner to the blog.  This is to go along with the fact that I have changed the banner to Pokemon: The Omega Experience facebook group page.

       Let me start off with a question which starter did you guys decide to go with?  Torchic, Mudkip, or Treecko?  I started off with Torchic of course.  Torchic is without a doubt my favorite Pokemon to date as well as my favorite starter of any of the Pokemon games.  I picked the in game selection of Torchic, then I transferred over my own bred Torchic from my Pokemon X game and let me tell you I really enjoyed the play through.  Yes ORAS is totally compatible with Pokemon X and Y as well as the side programs Poke Bank.  Meaning that you can both trade a person who has the other games as well as battle them!  There are several instances where Kalos region aspects can be found within ORAS.  From strangers from the Kalos region wandering into Hoenn to Kalos region Pokemon as well as other region related Poke battles.

        I can tell you that I really savored every aspect of the game from the newly advanced Pokenav to the Hoenn contest.  It took me right around 75 hours to complete the game.  However, the fun doesn't stop there.  After you beat the game, you are given the opportunity to hunt down all the legendary Pokemon that has officially been able to catch in the previous games through actual Pokeball catch methods.  To top it off many of the missing move tutor moves have returned, so you can maximize your Pokemon's effectiveness.  Also returning is the Battle Frontier from the third generation games which has been newly named the Battle Resort.  Another perk of ORAS is the addition of two Pokemon Breeder facilities, so that you can breed Pokemon while you are at the Battle Resort instead of flying back and forth.  Perhaps the most interesting aspect of ORAS is after you beat the game.  There is a part 2 esque episode called the Delta Episode where you encounter a brand new powerful dragon type trainer named Zinnia who is trying to collect the Mega Evolution stones from various trainers to summon the legendary Rayquaza to stop the threat of a 3,000 year old Meteor which is headed to earth.  With the addition of the Delta Episode you also get another chance encounter with Professor Birch and this time in distress he gives you an option of Chikorita, Cyndaquill, or Totodile - the starter Pokemon from Pokemon Silver and Gold.  When the game is completed that is when you can start going after the legends which are hidden through the Hoenn landscape and can be accessed through certain conditions like finding them on certain days, hours, level requirements of your party pokemon, etc.  www.serbii.net really helped me with the information I needed to complete my in game requirements.

         Over all I would say that ORAS is probably my new favorite game of the series.  The original Pokemon Rube, Sapphire, and Emerald will always have a special place in my heart, but X and Y was a great leap and ORAS was overall a great step in an awesome direction - keep it up Gamefreak. This game really has it all from new animations for older moves like flamethrower to nicely enhanced music to overall great game mechanics.  I would give it a 10 out of 10 honestly and I think that it is worth the buy.  The question remains will I buy Omega Ruby to complete the set and I think that I am going to invest, so that I can have the set : ) My advice to those that have not bought the game yet and you are asking yourself whether or not to do it - make the choice and buy the game especially if you liked the originals and if you liked X and Y.  I simply cannot praise the game enough and I think this time the hype has been justified.

      There you have it my ORAS breakdown - look forward till next Tuesday when I do a breakdown of all the Mega Evolutions and where all the Mega Stones are located.


                                                         The Hoenn Starter Pokemon
Mudkip

Torchic

Treecko


 Remember you can find us at

 Twitter
.twitter@pokemonTOE

Instagram
.instagram@torchictrainer

Of course you can find us on facebook -

Pokemon: The Omega Experience  - https://www.facebook.com/groups/pokemonomegaexperience/

Here are the groups that we are currently promoting 

.Pokemon X and Y: Journey to be the Very Best (Pokemon Community/League) - https://www.facebook.com/groups/603505989740062/


 
Pokemon X and Y: Journey to be the Very Best



.Enlightened  League (Pokemon Community/League) - https://www.facebook.com/groups/606195456155343/



The Enlightened League



.Team Magma (Pokemon Community with an R rating) - https://www.facebook.com/groups/458690654276469/


Team Magma



.Champion Stadium (Pokemon Community and League) - https://www.facebook.com/groups/707681739324973/

Champion Stadium
Pokemon: New Beginnings (Pokemon Community) - https://www.facebook.com/groups/858021284232458/

Pokemon: New Beginnings



.Pokedex (Pokemon Community)  - https://www.facebook.com/groups/566395630121170/

Pokedex


Until next time everyone Be safe, be well my friends....

If you want your group promoted here or want any info on joining these groups - Just send me an email jerrythemovieking@yahoo.com or leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment