Friday, May 23, 2014


                 Hey everyone.  It's Friday the 23rd of May and I am updating the blog today.  A lot has happened since the last time I updated.
                 Tony Bently who was heading up the RPG section of Omega has handed over his duties.  He'll still be playing here and there, but has decided to concentrate solely on trying to get into a police academy.  We want to wish him the best on that endeavor.  Ben Duckett who heads up the Bolster Gym(steel) has decided to switch to the Earth Tremor Gym(ground) and Max Gol is our new Bolster Gym Leader.   I have asked Emma Collins to step in as an admin and new Elite Four Member Honor.  I work with Emma admining in a few different rooms.  Everyone one of us welcomes our new members in the face of a new era for #Omega.

                  I was able to get a hold of a nearly impossible Pokemon to acquire.  Togekiss - well the Pokemon itself is not so rare, but this one is a little unique.  This Togekiss has a moveset that contains the move Defog.  Defog is a move that clears away entry hazards such as Spikes, Stealth Rocks, and Toxic Spikes.  Togekiss could learn Defog as a move all the way back in Pokemon: Platinum and no where else.  So I am especially grateful to me friend Chamdee(twitter@TigerRoar_)for helping me locate such a treasure. Togekiss with Defog is so rare that most people when asked was like"can it even learn that move"?  Yes it can.

                  Next bit of business is Gauntlet 2.  It's tomorrow folks so please either go to either Journeys or Omega to sign up for that tournament.  We have about 17 or 18 members to sign up as far out of 32 so lets try and fill those slots.

                  Cloning, its big business in Pokemon now.  I don't think anyone does it using the two 2/3ds method anymore now that the powersave makes it almost infinitely easier.  If you have any cloning request or gen request.  I can still mod Pokemon using my Pokemon black and my old Action Replay.  Open up talks with me and will work something out.

Remember to catch us on twitter
twitter@pokemonxyjtbtvb

Now on Instagram
instagram@torchictrainer

Pokemon X and Y Journey to be the very Best Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFfMYY97aFQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player




Pokemon X and Y: Journey to be The Very Best - https://www.facebook.com/groups/603505989740062/

Pokemon: The Omega Experience - https://www.facebook.com/groups/pokemonomegaexperience/


                 Now that group business is over let's turn to today's interview.  Today I am interviewing Keith Battle.  Keith has been with Journey a little bit after it opened and helped me lay down the brick work for Omega.  Keith is a hard worker who dedicates a lot of time to working full time, school and Pokemon(playing and learning).  He's a Fairy Gym Leader in Journey's and Psychic Gym Leader as well as admin in Omega, a real example of someone who is a great and a better friend. Let's see what Keith thinks about the inner workings of Pokemon and the method behind the madness.

Keith Battle Guardian of Shipping....


Me: How long have you been playing Pokemon?

Keith: I've been playing since the days of Red and Blue, then I didn't play again until Pokemon X and Y.  I lost my games when I moved back then I got busy with work. So, I saw all these new generations coming out but figured it was the same game. ...boy was I wrong.  Lol

Me: Which Pokemon game is your favorite?

Keith: My favorite is actually pokemon stadium. It let you take your pokemon from your game boy and play them in the N64. It was the first time friends could get together and battle with the Pokemon on the Big Screen, which is what this game is mostly about now.

Pokemon: Versions Blue and Red



Me: Are you a fan of the anime and the Manga?

Keith: I've never read the Manga, but I loved the anime when it came out.  Most recently I've been watching the new Pokemon X &Y: The Series that comes on Saturday mornings. What I like about the anime is that is showed the journey from aspiring trainer to challenging gym leaders.  I love that sense of discovery that was exemplified.  I learned a lot of life lessons by watching.


Issue of the Pokemon Manga - That's Trainer Red not Ash Ketchum

Me: So out of the 718 pokemon and their various incarnations who is your favorite and why?

Keith: Butterfree.  It was the first evolution that I used in Pokemon stadium. When I played Y that was one of the first pokes I made sure to advance. It's a nostalgia sort of thing I guess.

Butterfree


Me: So what do you like most about being part of the group?

Keith: A simple answer would be the willingness of everyone to help each other out. I like the fact that if you need a Ditto or a Poke cloned all you have to do is ask and at least three people will answer you almost instantaneously.  You can get people to Battle Test with you and answer your questions.  People will help  you acquire the items for you.  I love the community that this group has become.  Everyone is knowledgeable about some aspect of Pokemon, so you learn something everyday.

Me: Who is your biggest obstacle within the group?

Keith Battle: Honestly I'd have to say my insecurity about my ability to battle is my biggest obstacle. There are people who I have battled against competitively and some like Dru or yourself Jerry that have handed me pretty convincing losses. I believe that until I fully believe in myself and trust my own judgements all of the time, I figure I will have a lot of training to put in.  I'll constantly be chasing the greater players in our group. I'm trying to earn my place amongst them.

Me: That's an interesting aspect.  Before joining the group I had probably battled two or three times and was destroyed each time.  I never really put a lot of thought into it battling to be honest.  My greatest revelation came when Kami whipped the floor with me and I was all "well congrats on beating my fire team with your water team - no surprise there??" Then his biggest advice was set down, do your homework and ind out what works and what doesn't.  I sat down and Googled, took notes, and watched YouTube videos of battles.  I was able to tweak my original team and come up with something I was proud to call my own.  It humbled me because it made me realize I wasn't the end all of Pokemon that I used to think I was.

Keith:  I agree since I've joined this group I've invested more time into learning the ins and outs of the game. And I've made great allies as well. My understanding of pokemon is on a different level now because this group does a great job of developing the trainer within. That's what makes the group awesome. All the information you need is here but instead of some lifeless interface or search engine you get the information from a rival or friend.  Example; Rebel a challenger that destroyed my fairy team was cool enough to discuss strategy with me. That type of interaction is priceless.

Me: If someone was just picking this game up for the first time what kind of tips would you give about team building?

Keith:  I would tell them stay true to what interests you about Pokemon.  If you decide to learn different styles of play make sure that whichever strategy you employ make sure you're having fun.  I understand the competitive nature of this game, but ultimately we should have fun. As far as team building; read, read, read, and then read some more!.  Ask questions. Battle as many different types of teams as you can.  That way you are versed in many different situations that might occur. I can't stress this enough. Take the time to learn the Natures and Abilities and Hidden Abilities and how they affect the the stats and moves of the Pokemon you are putting into your team.

Me: If you had the chance would you ever go to a nintendo event?

Keith:  Oh absolutely.  My dream is to go Japan.  How awesome would it be to also attend a Nintendo event there?  It's crazy how Pokemon has crossed over to other games like smash bros. That mega charizard looks like the truth!



Character select screen for Super Smash Bros 4!



                 Well that concludes today's interview with Keith Battle guys and girls.  Remember to sign up for My tournament #GAUNTLET2 that I am hosting tomorrow night at 9:00 PM EST.

If you want to find Keith Battle and contact him you can find him in;

Pokemon X and Y: Journey to be The Very Best - https://www.facebook.com/groups/603505989740062/

Pokemon: The Omega Experience - https://www.facebook.com/groups/pokemonomegaexperience/

Email - jrkb1980@gmail.com 
twitter@kbattle80

Keith's Friend Code
0963 0798 3332 
Ign Jr

Friend Safari Ice 
Snorunt, Bergmite, Dewgong

I wanted to give a special shout out to the other Facebook Groups that we partner with!  Please give your time to drop in and say hello to these upstanding people for, like me believing in the power of Pokemon to recreate a world that resembles the games and the experiences!

Glen Coggins and Bexx who help run The Darkmoon League - https://www.facebook.com/groups/681550998572378/

Bryan Holifield who runs The Shiryuu League - https://www.facebook.com/groups/622262541176905/

Evan Scott Farshadow who helps run Cat's Epic Pokemon Cloning Group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/cepcg/

Evan Scott Farshadow who helps run Evan's Elite Pokemon Master Clubhttps://www.facebook.com/groups/EvanElitePokeFriends/

See you next time....

4 comments: